The design of memorable senior class shirts can be inspired by anything from pop culture to inside jokes. Make unique senior t-shirt designs to give your classmates the best senior shirts. For your original design, you can draw inspiration from your high school graduation song or your senior class motto.
Funny Senior Class Shirt Ideas
Humorous senior class shirts are some of the most memorable. For your shirt, consider an inside joke most of your classmates will understand or even a harmless senior prank. It’s okay if no one else gets the joke, you’ll all find it even funnier if others don’t.
Taco Pun Senior Shirt Ideas
All of these foods work well in puns, including tacos, burritos, nachos, and avocados. These teen diet staples are anthropomorphized with clever sayings that will never go out of style. It works best if your school colors match the foods, such as yellow and red, red and green, or yellow and green.
- The front of the shirt should have a graphics of a taco with your class year and the back should have the phrase “Spec-taco-lar Scholars”.
- Images of tortilla chips and salsa go well with the phrase “Nacho average seniors.”.
- Cute avocado images with sayings such as “Being an underclassman is the pits, seniors guac!”
- Graphs of burritos go well with phrases like “That’s a wrap!” and “Neat burrito, Class of (Year)!”
Fun Stick People Senior Shirt Ideas
Comics and memes featuring stick figures are hilarious, and they can represent anyone. Draw stick people or use jokes and puns that can be illustrated with stick figures to make your stick people stand out.
- An image of a group of stick people each holding a stick and missing the stick that makes up their body with the phrase “Seniors, we always have each other’s backs!”
- Use the phrase “Seniors always stick together” to draw a bunch of stick figures.
- Create an image of a stick figure family like you see on the back of cars and label it “The Senior Family.”
- Use your school colors to draw your stick figures.
Senioritis Joke Shirt Ideas
Since this is their last year of high school, seniors suffer from senioritis, or a lack of motivation to work hard. Play a joke about the seriousness of this fictional condition.
- You can pair the saying “0 days without senioritis” with a calendar image that includes your graduation year.
- Embrace the “Meh” face emoji with the phrase “World’s okayest seniors, barely surviving since kindergarten.”
- A short comic strip graphic showing seniors napping in class or doing other inefficient activities might be paired with the saying, “Seniors, living our most mediocre lives.”.
School Subject Plays on Words
Almost every class has a favorite teacher, and a fun play on words for the subject they teach is a great way to show respect.
- Use the phrase “You can’t spell Seniority without ‘Senior.'” Spell out each word with dots or dashes between them.
- It’s a fun saying where “war” represents “we’re,” and the face of your history teacher can be substituted for the face of any historical figure.
- Show your love of science with a Periodic Table inspired shirt featuring Strontium, which is abbreviated “Sr” like senior. In order to make sulfur plural, add the abbreviation “S”.
Senior Class Shirts Based on Pop Culture
To help capture the spirit of your graduation year, popular songs, movies, television shows, and social media trends can influence your shirt design. In spite of the fact that you cannot legally copy logos or images that are copyrighted, you can use them as inspiration for your own designs.
Marvel Avengers Inspired Shirts
There are no shortage of great Marvel Avengers characters, lines, and movies to inspire your epic senior shirts, whether you love the Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, or Captain America most. Combine the phrase “Oh Snap, It’s the Class of (Year)” inspired by the movie End Game with a comic book style image of fingers snapping.
Friends Themed Shirts
It’s no secret that Friends is a great source of inspiration for shirts that display your friendship. You can use the logo design to spell “Seniors,” or find other clever ways to honor the show. If each episode title starts with “The one where,” then you can make a phrase like “The one where Seniors Rule!”
Social Media Inspired Shirts
You can use anything you see on social media as inspiration for an original design, from memes to platforms and hashtags.
- Create a shirt with the hashtag “#Seniors” and polaroid-like photos of things important to your class, like your graduation year, mascot, school initials, and even the location of your senior class trip.
- “Squad goals” is a trendy modern phrase you can use on your shirts to refer to “Senior goals” or “Senior Squad”.
- An image of a generic person in a suit wearing a graduation cap with the phrase “Senior like a boss” would be appropriate.
Song Inspired Shirts
Get some great one-liners for your senior class shirts by looking at the lyrics of the year’s most popular songs. With Lizzo’s Truth Hurts, you might say “I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% that senior!” Ariana Grande’s Thank you, Next song title is a perfect phrase for senior shirts.
School Spirit Senior Class Shirt Ideas
Your school colors, mascot, or other school spirit words and images can be used to create custom shirts.
- Your school mascot is a great way to bond over your alma mater. “Seniors for now, mascots for life.”
- You can show how epically awesome you are with a white t-shirt that says “Best. Class. Ever.” in black.
- A rounded image of your school’s mascot should replace the dot from the “i” or “o” in “Seniors.”
Retro Senior Class Shirt Ideas
There is nothing like retro to play up the idea of looking back before taking the next step and graduating. Take a look at what was popular when most of your class was born or when you started kindergarten. You can mix the old with the new to create a comprehensive message.
- Using the power button symbol or play button from a VCR, write “It’s on!” and either your graduating year or the word “Seniors.”.
- Use the emoji of an old person and a rock to create a “Seniors rock” shirt.
- The pieces of your puzzle should show your school’s mascot, senior trip location, school motto, and other things that are important to your grade.
- If you want to spread the message that everyone should copy your grade because you’re the best, use keyboard key graphics using “Ctrl + C” then “Ctrl + V” after the phrase “Class of (Year)”.
- Barney was popular through the early 90s, so it makes a great retro design with phrases like “I love you, you love me, Seniors are my family!”
- The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers gained popularity in 1993. Using the phrase “Mighty Graduation Senior Class, It’s graduation time!” will bring back fond memories of this show.
Keepsake Shirts for the Whole Class
A senior class t-shirt or sweatshirt is a memento of your last year of high school that you can keep forever. Come up with shirt ideas as a class, then vote on the overall favorite. You should choose senior class shirts that appeal to the majority of your classmates and capture the spirit of your grade.